CommonGround Workshop Program
The Program on Intergroup Relations
Student Coordinator Position
CommonGround was born from the hard work and dedication of the 6 original student coordinators who invented the name and developed the program structure. Today, the student coordinator team is still strong, and has adapted to meet the needs of the ever-growing CommonGround program. This team is still a primary source of innovation and feedback for the program’s growth and direction with the primarily goal of implementation of community building events that promote a positive and connected CommonGround community and programs that look to develop skills, resources, and knowledge around facilitation. The Student Coordinators also lead marketing and recruitment initiatives to recruit new Workshop Facilitators and Student Coordinators
Student Coordinator Goals:
- Develop skills and knowledge in marketing, recruitment, building community and general facilitation
- Support CommonGround Facilitators in the areas of workshop facilitation skills, dialogic pedagogy, and professional development.
- Promote a positive and connected CommonGround community.
- Lead Marketing and Recruitment Efforts
- Student Coordinators will have an opportunity to be a part of one of the following teams:
- Facilitator Support Team
- Professional Development Team
- Yearbook Team and Social Team.
Facilitator Support Team: Look to develop facilitation support tools and resources such as new Workshop Activities and Icebreakers, to help advance the CommonGround Program.
Professional Development: Look to increase the visibility of how the skills and experiences learned within CommonGround can be transferred in other areas of life. Develop programs and resources that will increase hard and soft skills of workshop facilitators.
Yearbook and Social Team: Community Building focus team that looks to create a fun, inclusive, interactive, and sometimes challenging space.
Commitments for Student Coordinators:
- Marketing and Recruitment of CommonGround Workshops and Program
- Attending the CommonGround Retreat (January 19, 20, and 21, 2018)**
- Small and Large Group Meetings
- 10 hours per month (1-2.5 hours a week, may vary per team)
- Sign commitment contract
Deadline: January 15, 2018
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Thank you!