The Program on Intergroup Relations (IGR) is a pioneering program that promotes social justice through education. As a partnership program of Student Life and the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, we are in the unique position to enhance the academic learning and holistic development of students. IGR serves as a model for Intergroup Dialogue in higher education which has spread to many campuses across the United States and Canada.
Your gift to IGR allows us to continue empowering students by building intercultural understanding, breaking down stereotypes, and providing students with the skills needed to be conscious global citizens.
Your gift to IGR supports:
Why does U-M need my support EVERY year?
Unlike endowment funds, which have specific requirements on when and how they can be used, Annual Gifts are funds that IGR can use for its immediate needs. Each year, we face unexpected challenges when working to grow and improve our programs for students. Annual Gifts from donors are vital to ensure our ability to overcome these obstacles and to improve student experience.
Ways to give to IGR:
· Outright Gifts- Gifts of cash, securities or “gifts in kind” make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to IGR.
· Planned Giving- A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing you and your family’s future financial well-being.
· Bequests-One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
How to Make Your Gift
In addition to the information provided below, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
· Online giving- Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.
· Cash, Securities, Gifts in Kind- Find out how to give by mail, transfer or payroll deduction. Discover the advantages of gifts of securities and the opportunity for gifts in kind.
· Matching Gifts- Take an extra moment to see whether your employer will leverage your giving with a matching contribution.
How does U-M solicit for gifts?
Alumni and friends are contacted via mail, email, and Telefund, U-M’s student telephone fundraising program. Michigan is a big place, so you may be contacted by IGR, the general Annual Giving office, or by someone at a school, college, or other unit on campus. As a whole, we strive to make giving to the University and allocating your gift to the area you wish as simple as possible. So when you are contacted, remember you can support IGR no matter who reaches out to you, just request that your gift go towards IGR.
We’re here for you!
To speak to us about giving opportunities please contact: